Why? Because Christmas music is lovely, and it’s finally starting to get cool in Massachusetts (from whence I am now blogging). As I haven’t lived through an East Coast winter in a decade, the cool seasons are a single unit in my sense memory; cool weather simultaneously means Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. And since Halloween music is goofy and the soundtrack to Thanksgiving is usually just a chorus of killjoys reminding me that the pilgrims were actually jerks to the native people, Christmas music is my go-to source for cool-weather jams.
Here are 5 beautiful Christmas-y songs that are good enough to listen to all year long.
- River, cover by Sarah McLachlan
- All That I Want by The Weepies
- O Holy Night as performed, a capella, by ‘NSYNC
- Better Days by The Goo Goo Dolls
- Where Are You Christmas by Faith Hill (from Dr. Seuss’s How The Grinch Stole Christmas)
Who else out there is bucking society’s oppressive rules regarding seasonal song selection? Can I get an amen?