- Finally, the sound I've been craving! Review by Shawn
I have been searching for and craving earphones with real bass. Not that boomy, muddy stuff, but real bass that's tight, accurate, defined and *audible*. This is accomplished without making the overall sound seem dull or too bright. It's JUST right. My ears melt when I use them. After having two Velodyne subwoofers over the years and experienced the company's excellent customer service I figured these were well worth a try.
The ribbon cabling is a nice touch and, so far, seems to be preventing tangles. The build-quality seems okay. I haven't looked at the box to see where they were made but my bets are on China. This is mostly due to the fitment and finishing of the plastic parts.
The inclusion of two complete sets of various sized pliable ear pieces seems generous to me. I noticed that the website doesn't make it clear that the blue headphones come with two sets, but they do. One set in black and another in a white-ish grey. Once you find the size that fits your ears you'll be able to hear the bass. There's also a lapel clip included with the firm storage case.
On an unusual note: The packaging is a bit excessive. It's well thought-out for a nice presentation but it's pretty wasteful.
Thank you to Velodyne for designing the best earphones I've heard for many, many years. (And the best I've ever owned.) Also, thank you for the free UPS Ground shipping to Alaska. I received them in four days. It's great to not get ripped off on shipping for once! (Posted on 2/18/12)
- Not just for deep bass... Review by Phil
- I bought these based mostly on an Internet review I read that said these have "million dollar bass". I read some other Internet opinions that said the other frequencies were not up to the bass quality. As a bass player and hi-fi audio fan for over 30 years I had to find out for myself. I am very critical and not easily impressed, but the vPulse sounds great! I immediately ran my test gauntlet of Mobile Fidelity Natalie Merchant and Carpenters, Renee Olstead, Ray Obeido, and my frequency generator. These earbuds do get LOW but the overall quality is as good as my $550 headphones. No harsh treble or thin midrange here. I'm extremely pleased to say the least!! (Posted on 1/27/12)
- Expect Nothing Less Then Perfection Review by Hugo
- I just got these in the other day and I have to say these are just outstanding. The clarity of the sound and bass is far More supirior then most earbuds I have used in the past. The tangle resistant cable is another great feature to these already amazing earbuds. If that wasnt enough these also come with an assortment of ear bud gels to fit your needs. Another great product from a great company (Posted on 1/14/12)
- Great sound but... Review by Shook
- The vPulse sound great. But the controls and mic do not work with any of the android phones I tried it on. (Posted on 1/4/12)
- Love these headphones! Review by Steve
- The flatwire is excellent and does not tangle like other earbuds. There are lots of different ends for the earbuds and combined with the angled design these are the most comfortable I have ever owned. The mic and music controls make these really versatile and I use them with my phone when I'm driving and as noise isolation when I’m working. (Posted on 12/13/11)