- Inigualable en las 10" Review by ediaz
- eq -max 10 exelente Review by javier hurrle
estoy enamorado de el , el preciop lo vale (Posted on 12/28/13)
- Amazing sound and auto EQ feature Review by A. Fabbri
- Auto EQ feature. This thing comes with a microphone with a long cable. You plug in the mic and place it where you will be listening. Press the auto eq button and it sweeps through a bunch of frequencies and *automatically sets the EQ to balance out the response curve to your room*.
- Sound. Wow. This thing sounds really clean and tight.
- Remote. At first I though it was silly to have a remote but it has a volume control as well as presets that are very good. Once you've done the auto EQ, then adjusted the volume to be in balance with your other speakers, the sound is fantastic.
- Display. You can turn of the LED display, which is visible under the fabric grille. When on, it shows the volume setting and gives feedback on which mode you are in.
- Footprint. My JBL 10 is taller with a smaller footprint. This thing takes up a good bit of floor space.
- Build. Rounded corners and a tougher fabric grille are needed. I found the sharp corners chip easily and the fabric rips very easily. I'm concerned about long term ware on the fragile enclosure.
Overall, this is the best sounding 10" sub I've tested. I'm a bass player who is the "sound engineer" for recording my band, as a hobby, so I'm very used to being picky about levels, balance, and lower frequencies. This thing sounds really, really good. I hope they improve the enclosure with rounded corners and a tougher grille fabric, because the insides of this thing are top notch.
Overall 4.5 stars. Highly recommended. Sound == Wow. (Posted on 9/14/12)
- Great performance from a 10" sub Review by R. Anderson
The sub comes with a microphone on a 30' chord that you plug into the sub and then put the receiving end of the mic where you would sit in the room. The sub then cycles out 12 tone frequencies and 'learns' from how the bass is projected in the room. It then sets the volume and phase based on this information. Takes a lot of the guesswork out of trying to calibrate it myself. I used this function and haven't changed the settings since, as the sub sounds great from this calibration.
Bass is rich and powerful. It comes with a small remote that easily lets you adjust the volume of the bass, which is nice when switching from music to movies.
Overall I'm very satisfied with this product. It adds a whole other level of sound to an in-home movie experience. I've heard other 10" subs that crack under the pressure of a movie with lots of explosions, but this sub handles it with ease.
I did give it 4/5 stars because the documentation that comes in the package is very weak. I had to log onto their website to find the online documentation, which was not as easy to find as it should have been. Once I found the documentation, the rest of the setup was a breeze. (Posted on 9/14/12)
- BOOM BOOM BOOM Review by Brad B
The Auto EQ mode works really well. Every room is different and every placement is different. I have had quiet a few receivers have a similar function and it really does to well at setting the response curve. Neato.
Installation is super easy. Plug it into the wall. Plug it into your receiver, run the auto eq. Enjoy.
Looks great. Its a sub, so it's a big black box - true - but the front grill looks nice and classy.
The sound coming out of this is nice and clean. Movies sounds good. Pandora sounds good. Not exactly the greatest sources, but it sounds really, really nice.
Not really funny, but slightly unnecessary and prone for me to loose is the remote. A sub woofer with a remove. Just seems unnecessary. (Posted on 9/14/12)
- EQ-Max 10 Inch Subwoofer Review by dave