Terms & Conditions
- Placing An Order With Velodyne
- Shipping Options
- Returns & Replacements
- General Warranty Information
- Comments and Reviews
- International Orders
- Gift Cards
- Placing an order with Velodyne
On-Line (U.S. Sales Only)
Orders can be placed through Velodyne.com 24 hours a day. All orders will be processed no later than the next business day.
The Velodyne On-line store currently sells and ships products to all 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico only.
Customer Service Representatives are available to assist you from 7:30AM to 3:30PM PST, Monday – Friday. Contact us at 408-465-2800.Payment Options
Velodyne.com accepts the following United States issued credit and debit cards:
- Credit Cards - American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover
- Debit Cards - Visa and MasterCard
- We do not accept C.O.D. orders
Velodyne reserves the right, to cancel or refuse any order for any reason during any stage of the online ordering process, even if the order has been confirmed.
Some situations that may result in cancellation are as follows:
- The order quantity exceeds the stated advertised Limit, if any
- Credit and Risk Assessment Report of Credit Card purchase may decline method of payment
We will attempt to contact you if all, or any portion of your order is cancelled, or if additional information is required to accept your order.Sales Tax
Velodyne.com does not charge sales tax for orders shipped outside of California.Proof of Purchase
If you place an order online, you will be directed to a confirmation page. This page will serve as proof of purchase. You will also receive an email confirmation once your order has been processed.vPoints
vPoints can be acquired through various methods such as subscribing to the Velodyne Newsletter and/or during our sale promotions. These points can be used for purchasing products from Velodyne.com and the minimum that can be applied to your purchase is 200 vPoints. These points carry no cash value.
- Shipping Options
Velodyne offers FREE Ground Shipping for orders over $50 shipped to the 48 contiguous United States.
Orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico are shipped via UPS air; applicable shipping charges will apply.
15" and 18" subwoofers are shipped via UPS Freight Ground.
Shipping times for all Ground shipments vary depending on the proximity of the shipping location from Morgan Hill, California.
A Tracking Number will be provided. Once the tracking number is issued, kindly review the tracking information to ensure someone is available to receive the ordered goods. All shipped subwoofers will require a signature upon delivery. Please note that some products way up to 100lbs.
The Customer must confirm that the shipping address is correct before checking out. If a shipping address needs to be changed, there may be additional charges incurred. Call Velodyne Customer Service to request such changes.Damaged Items
Items delivered with packaging damage should be refused. Call and notify Velodyne Customer Service of the damaged package so that a replacement can be shipped
If the delivery of damaged packaging has been accepted, please call and notify Velodyne Customer. Please save all packaging material and paperwork shipped with the order.These items will be required to return merchandise.
- Return And Replacements
If you are not satisfied with your product, please notify Velodyne within 45 days of your purchase date and we will provide you a full refund.Return Process
Prepare to provide the following information:
Provide a valid shipping address
- providing an incorrect "ship to" address may result in additional shipping charges.
- The customer is responsible for all shipping charges.
Provide valid customer information.
- Customer name
- Customer contact number and email address
Proper packaging of the product to be returned is required as follows
- The product must be packaged in its original box and packaging material.
- All of the provided accessories must accompany the return; noncompliance may result in additional charges
- The returned product must be returned in its original condition; noncompliance may result in additional charges
- A valid Velodyne Return Order (RO) number must be referenced on all shipping documentation
All Returns must be accompanied by a valid Velodyne Return Order (RO) number
- Please call Velodyne Customer Service at 408-465-2800 or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org), and a customer service technician will take your order and provide you with an RO number.
- The assigned RO number must be on all correspondences regarding the returned item(s).
- Items sent to Velodyne without an RO number will not be processed and will be refused.
The customer will be notified via e-mail as soon as Velodyne completes the processing of the return
- Credits, or due balances, will be issued in the same method utilized for the original purchase.
- The credit, or due balances, will be issued within 10 business days of Velodyne's e-mail notification.
- The credit, or due balances, will be reflected on your statement within two billing cycles per your financial institution's policy.
Failure to comply with the stated return process may result in the item being refused and returned to the customer without being serviced. If accepted, the returned product may be assessed an additional 25% restocking fee.
- Provide a valid shipping address
- General Warranty Information
New subwoofers: 2 years Standalone Amplifiers (SC Series): 2 years Refurbished subwoofers: 1 year Refurbished Amplifiers: 1 year Headphones: 1 year Non-Warrantied Repaired items: 1 year
The warranty does not cover cosmetic damage.
This warranty is void if product is sold or transferred to another party.
During the warranty period, Velodyne Acoustics, LLC ("Velodyne"), will repair or replace any defective parts free of charge. (Warranty repairs will utilize new or refurbished material at Velodyne's discretion.)
If warrantied product is no longer available, or not repairable, Velodyne will, at its discretion, replace the original item with a substitute product of equal or greater value. This replacement unit may be new or refurbished.
Validating your warranty
When obtaining a warranty service at a Velodyne Authorized Service Center, be prepared to provide proof of original ownership by presenting the original sales invoice.
This warranty is only applicable to
Products purchased in the United States or Canada (For products purchased outside the United States or Canada, please consult your local Authorized Velodyne Dealer)
This warranty is void if:
- Defects or damages resulted from the use of an amplifier or controller other than the one originally supplied with the subwoofer or damaged from modifications, repairs or services made by anyone other than a Velodyne Authorized Service Center
- Defects or damages are caused by improper use, improper maintenance, accidents, abuse, or natural disaster
- Defects or damages are caused by improper shipment packaging or in-transit shipping damage
- Product serial number has been altered, removed, or defaced
- Product has been moved outside the country of its original purchase
- Product was purchased through an unauthorized reseller
To obtain service under warranty:
If you are seeking service directly through Velodyne, please have a purchase invoice available
Once a Velodyne Customer Service Representative has validated warranty, a Return Order number (RO) will be issued and Return instructions will be provided.
See Warranty Policy
Limits of Responsibility
We accept no responsibility for user-initiated damage and/or loss of parts incurred during operation or use of product.
- Comments and Review Policy
User-submitted product reviews undergo mediation and will be posted accordingly; profanity and references to specific competitors will be edited. Other review content will never be altered or added.”
- International Orders
Velodyne.com is only taking on-line orders for deliveries to the 50 Unites States, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please use our International Distributor Search to locate a distributor in your country.
- Velodyne e-Gift Card
By accepting and retaining the e-gift card, you agree to these terms and conditions, as well as future terms and conditions and program/service changes. We reserve the right to change the format, elements, and terms and conditions of the e-gift card program at any time without notice.
Use of Card
The Velodyne e-gift card is not a credit card and has no cash value. The Velodyne e-gift card cannot be applied to past purchases. No returns or refunds are accepted on gift cards (including expired gift cards). The e-gift card is limited to the amount of funds associated with the gift card. You cannot increase the funds on the gift card. The e-gift card may only be used by customers in the United States and District of Columbia to make a purchase of subwoofers, headphones, and accessories from velodyne.com. The e-gift card is only valid on velodyne.com.
Delivery and restrictions
The Velodyne e-gift card ships separately from purchase and should arrive in 25 days from the time the order is placed via email and carries a 90-day expiration (except where prohibited by law). The gift card will be emailed to the email address the order is placed with.
Every e-gift card has an expiration date (3 months from the date the gift card has been emailed). The e-gift card expiration date can be found next to the e-gift card code. After that date, the funds will expire and remaining funds on the gift card are forfeited.
The e-gift card is not valid if eligible product is returned for a refund. If eligible product is returned for a refund after the card has been redeemed, the value of the redeemed card will be deducted from the refund amount.
If you happen to return a product that was purchased with the e-gift card. Credits for returns accepted by Velodyne will be allocated back to the e-gift card (in the amount of the portion of the purchase paid with your e-gift card) as long as the gift card is NOT expired. If you receive credit, the portion paid with the e-gift card will be allocated back to the e-gift card within 72 hours after Velodyne receives and processes your returned merchandise. If the card happens to be expired, no credit or cash refund will be issued and the remaining funds on the card are forfeited.
Misuse of e-Gift Card
If we suspect misuse of the e-gift card, it may be suspended or terminated. We may cancel the e-gift card at any time without notice.
- 65-0024 AUDIO TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE Rev B